Tuesday, March 27, 2007

6 months later...

Wow, it's been a while! We have been busy settling in, and a lot has happened in the past 6 months.

My parents came to visit in February, which thrilled the kids to no end! We all had a wonderful time, and they were great houseguests.

Critter is reading all the time now. Hard to believe it was such a tough struggle for her! She also has been into paper-crafting, and is making beautiful 3-D animals, and a house full of furniture. It's fun to see what she comes up with!

Imp is busily working on his fine motor skills, and today cut out the most intricate mini cereal box (guess where the mini box idea came from!)

While my parents were visiting, Mom thought she had lost the hat I knit for her 2 years ago, so we raided my stash and she chose some yarn. I cast on, determined to finished before they had to leave the Pacific Northwest (cool, not cold, and rain, not snow) and return to the Midwest, where they had been having huge snowstorms. Then, she found her hat! Those house elves sure are mischievous. So the pressure was off. I finished the new hat about a week ago, but have decided it needs adornment, and am searching for the perfect thing. Since I recently taught myself to crochet, I think that might be the answer.

On to the photo heavy part of this post: My recent FO (finished objects)!


This is Harvey the turtle. A friend had a baby, and so I made my first ever pair of socks for the baby. I loved them, but it didn't seem enough...so...along came Harvey!


Here are the baby socks - aren't they cute?


So cute, Harvey decided to try them on! But they were too big. Hopefully they fit my friend's baby a bit better!


One more view of the socks...do you think I'm proud of them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home