Saturday, June 28, 2008

My socks

The Knitting Wildflower is having a contest for her blogiversary, and is asking for people to share their sock stories.  This is mine:


booties
Originally uploaded by Mommaknits
I'm knitting my first ever pair of full sized socks - I've only ever knit sock like booties before. 






So far it has taken me about a year and a half to knit these things - after well over a year I had about 1 inch of ribbing done. I thought maybe I hated knitting socks!

Not true!  Luckily, it turns out I hate knitting RIBBING on socks.  It may also have something to do with the yarn - I think it is a cotton blend, but after over a year, and a lost ballband, who can remember?  Anyhow, it is so NOT smooshy.  I like smooshy.

I have now done a bit more - about half of the heels are completed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

They're lookin' good!! :) Now that you're past the ribbing, you're on a roll, right? ;)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous the Provident Woman said...

Looking great! I've been working on a particular blanket for almost 15 years.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home