Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A few more critters

Warning: This is another image heavy post!

I mentioned before that I have recently taught myself how to crochet. The reason I did was I kept seeing all these cute
amigurumi (knit or crochet stuffed toys, usually cute animals) and crochet patterns, but could not find many knit versions. So, I taught myself how to crochet! My first project was a mouse ...who was quickly joined by a friend. (If you click on the "mouse" link it will take you to the pattern. I really like this designer - she also designed the turtle and the cat.)


After that came a pair of cats...


...who got along fine with the mice.


In fact, they started to appear together all over the house, in pairs...


...and soon in larger groups.


I am having a lot of fun with these little guys. I made a rainbow mouse with bigger ears because the yarn colors reminded me of Viva Piñata 's little mousemellow, who has enormous ears! She, along with the blue mouse above, went to two of hubby's business associates as a gift. Here they are, peeking out of their boxes before they were delivered to their new owners!


I decided to try to make my own pattern of a guinea pig, since I have not seen any, but I go the nose a bit off, so may I present: Fergy Fudgehog! (aka the rainbow hedgehog)

2 Comments:

Blogger Joelle said...

Those are simply precious! I might even learn how to crochet to make those. Of course, if I show you-know-who I'll *have* to learn! hehe!

5:48 AM  
Blogger The Big Burbs said...

Hee! Tara, what a delightful little menagerie you've created!
It's been great getting to know you and Trina during our Saturday spins ;)
Kathy

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home