Thursday, July 10, 2008

And yet another contest...


Wow, contests are fun!  I have been enjoying finding them.  The lastest I found is at KnitWitch's.  (Button is not clickable - I have not figured that out yet.)

The kids and I have been having a busy week.  We rented a plot at a local community garden this summer, and are having fun trying to get things to grow.  So far we have managed to not kill our 5 tomato plants, our corn, pole beans, zucchini, some of our pea plants, and some of our carrots appear to be surviving!  We also have rutabaga at my daughter's request...we'll see how that goes!  We *might* have a surviving melon plant and a few cucumbers, but that remains to be seen.

Today a playdate with people we have known for a while, but are only recently really becoming friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the contest... that was really cool! I love growing things. There's something reassuing and restful in watching things grow.

Nice job in getting all those veggies to grow!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks for the link to the contest! And I loooove gardening. Unfortunately the past 3 summers I've either been pregnant or had a newborn baby so my parents pretty much manned my garden. :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

Knitmama! Let's talk about getting you some spindles. Send me ur email addy and I'll send pics of the other designs. Melaniebrockert [at] gmail.com. thanks for your interest!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home